Why Visit Surf World?
- Fun educational experience.
- See & hear about surfing culture.
- Programs linked with Year 3 History curriculum.
- Touch and feel some rare and unusual surf boards and artefacts, including a motorised surfboard and ancient Peruvian surf craft.
- Value add to your excursion while you’re still in Currumbin with a surf lesson, beach walk (now part of the World Surfing Reserve), visit to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary or Honeyworld.
- Programs are conducted Monday to Friday between the hours of 10am and 3pm.
- $5 per student. A minimum charge for 10 students applies for facilitated programs. One accompanying adult is free of charge with every 10 paying students. Additional adults are charged $10 each. No charge applies for adults accompanying student/s with special needs. There is a maximum number of 30 students per session.
- There is plenty of bus and car parking available in the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary car park adjacent to Surf World.
- To book phone (07) 5525 6380 or email
- We need to know name and contact details of teacher arranging excursion, number and school year of students and potential dates and times.
Important Information for Teachers
- We find that students who are well prepared for a visit are more likely to gain from the Surf World experience. Whatever the purpose of your visit, students will benefit from being informed about what to expect during their visit to Surf World. We aim to make every visit to Surf World an amazing, fun and educational surfing and beach culture experience.
- We ask that all groups arrive no later than 10 minutes before their tour so that all formal details can be arranged and confirmed.
- We can provide booklets for younger students. We ask that students bring their own writing utensils.
- Surf World does not have any designated indoor eating spaces. It is the responsibility of the teacher to determine appropriate eating times for students. Toilets are located on the same floor as the exhibition.
- If your group has any special requirements please discuss these with Surf World staff prior to arrival.
Yr 3 History Teachers Guide with pre-excursion lessons, excursion activity and post-excursion lesson
Yr 3-4 Design and Technologies Teachers Guide
2. Worksheets -
Surfing History Match Up Template
Surfing History Match Up WITH ANSWERS
Surf World Timeline Worksheet Template
Surf World Timeline Worksheet WITH ANSWERS
History Excursion Worksheet